Sunday, May 15, 2011

Preppy Closet

Well they say that art imitates life, so if that's the case, then we have successfully transformed the plain master bedroom closet into my husband's polo shirt.

The inspiration:
Meet old striped American Eagle shirt



Meet new striped closet
 
This required much more painter's tape than we anticipated.
Stripes on stripes, feeling right at home now

So not going to keep lying actually, the reason we went with the gray stripes was only because we had a lot of gray paint left over from the one dark gray accent wall we did. Hence the outer portion of the closet being darker. Then we mixed the rest of the gray with this white paint we also had lying around to make the lighter shade for the stripes.


Then it was only when laundry time came around that I realized my husband had a shirt with an uncanny similarity to the newly painted closets. (Let's face it, if you knew Mike's wardrobe you would hardly be inspired to draw artistic inspiration from there!) But that somehow doesn't seem as cool of a story to me.


In any event, I also came across these West Elm sheets, but I think that might be overkill.

No comments:

Post a Comment